With Feedtrail, organizations can engage patients to understand root causes, make improvements, and support their unique patient access initiatives. We’ve highlighted four ways Feedtrail clients are leveraging the XM platform to improve patient access:
Appointment Reminders and Missed Appointment Outreach
Appointment reminders and missed appointment outreach not only improve patient punctuality and reduce no-show rates, but also demonstrate an organization’s commitment to patient access and satisfaction.
- Appointment reminders
- Missed appointment outreach to understand barriers and help patients reschedule
- Proactive messages to promote new clinics near a patient’s address
- Personalized engagement to learn about patients’ needs for extended appointment hours (weekends, evenings)
Resources, Education, and Care Reminders
By providing clear and accessible information, education, and resources healthcare providers empower patients to actively participate in their care, enhance their understanding of health conditions, and access support programs or offerings.
- Messages with links to support resources, programs, or education
- Outreach to patients with specific diagnoses to make them aware of relevant healthcare resources
- Proactive care outreach, such as asking patients if they have filled prescriptions, made follow-up appointments, and understand post-discharge instructions
One effective approach to improve patient access is forming patient advisory councils or focus groups where patients can voice their concerns, share their experiences, and provide feedback on access-related issues. These insights can guide the development of patient-centered solutions and policies that enhance access for all and address systemic issues contributing to patient access disparities.
- Use survey feedback to identify people for your advisory council
- Send out advisory council invitation surveys
- Send community engagement surveys with questions around your initiatives
|Recommended reading: Best Practices for a Successful Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)|
Feedtrail enables healthcare providers to gather valuable data on patient preferences, needs, and access barriers and analyze that data using EHR identifiers. If organizations are looking to develop effective strategies for improving patient access, it is essential to understand the root causes of these access barriers. These barriers can include financial limitations, geographic barriers, lack of transportation, language barriers, and cultural differences. By analyzing this data, organizations can make informed decisions to improve access for specific populations, allocate resources effectively, and tailor their interventions appropriately.
Improving patient access requires a multifaceted approach that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion. By leveraging Feedtrail’s XM platform organizations can eliminate barriers to care, promote valuable resources, engage their community, and improve access to care for all individuals. Through these efforts, we can create a healthcare system that is equitable, patient-centered, and accessible to everyone.
Get the eBook – Reduce No-Shows and Improve Patient Access
Explore four key ways you can use patient experience data and automated outreach to reduce no-shows and improve patient access.